|Image credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/shahbasharat/2775666803|
Kashmir Valley has always been the tourists’ delight of India since centuries except for some boundary issues causing turmoil lately. Still, pictures and movies shot in this Valley recently reveal the bounty of nature present in it. Nothing can destroy its eternal beauty because of its marvelous creation by the artistic hands of God.
The Mughal Emperor Jehangir was highly fond of this nature’s paradise and has remarked that if there is a heaven on earth, it is Kashmir Valley. He used to spend holidays in the gorgeous gardens and lakes of Kashmir many times. The Kashmir Valley or Vale of Kashmir is situated between the Karakoram and the Pir Panjal Range in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir flanked by the Jhelum River.
Lucid lakes, tall green Chinar trees and Mughal gardens all rivet the wayfarers with some spell-binding spots. They are:
|Image credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/shahbasharat/2776580264|
1. Verinag Spring and Garden
This spring is said to be the source of the Jhelum River. Emperor Jehangir built an octagonal tank encircling this spring and the water that gets collected here is a raving blue. A Mughal garden also embellishes this spring.
2. SrinagarSrinagar means the abode of goddess Lakshmi of Hindus. Like its name, Srinagar is the crown of Kashmir whose lakes and gardens are so popular. Dal Lake and the nearby gardens are the major attractions here.
3. GulmargGulmarg meaning ‘place of roses’ gets stuffed with snow during winter. Many activities like skiing and snowboarding are arranged here that is enriched with flowerbeds also.
4. SonamargThis meadow of gold is another scenic spot in the highest Himalayan ranges. The famous Sindh Valley River fringes one side of the road on the entrance to Sonamarg that itself is another enchanting experience during the journey. Glaciers also add beauty to this bounty of nature.
|Image credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/shahbasharat/8375593822|
Snow-clad mountains with green meadows and pinewoods enrich this lovely spot. Lidder river flowing across Pahalgam radiates the ambience gloriously.
Kashmir Valley crafted in an ethereal region with a salubrious climate would bring you back all of your lost energy and interests once you visit it. It is the golden throne of nature's kingdom.
Related posts in Hubpages:
1. Kashmir Valley Attractions; the paradise on earth
2. River rafting in rippling white waters