|Lakkom falls Image credit: By Alosh Bennett
Munnar, the Haven on earth is a lustrous natural spot of lush green forests fringed with hills and changing hues of the firmament. Besides, vibrant, milky waterfalls scattered in and around embellish this natural beauty of Kerala, god’s own country. These waterfalls are wild water streams tumbling in deep forests where one can lie in the hands of pristine nature away from the man made world.
Let’s have a look at some of them.
- Lakkom waterfall: At about 30km from Munnar, this milky waterfall flows from a smaller height in Eravikulam stream.
- Nyayamakadu waterfall: This wild grandeur outpours from a higher elevation of rocks on the way to Rajamala at about 10km from Munnar.
- Pallivasal waterfall: This shower is situated near Sitadevi Lake in Devikulam at about 8km from Munnar.
- Attukal waterfall: On the way to Pallivasal, this roaring glamour of nature becomes visible.
- Chinnakanal waterfall: Situated in Chinnakanal Village, this nature’s shower is said to have its origins from the nearby hill station Devikulam.
- Kuthumkal waterfall: Near Rajakkad, this untamed mountain stream meanders through a long way over the rocks before falling down.
|Kerala Tourism: The Astounding Athirapally Waterfalls|